Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#76082 by lta
Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:05 am
Hi all,

I just purchased the ooma telo and want to intergrate landline.

Can someone please clear my confusion?

If I intergrate landline, all local calls will use landline or ooma?

Someone here at this forum said that all local calls will use landline and long distance calls will use ooma.

I called ooma customer support yesterday and they said with new technology all calls (local and long distance) will use ooma.

What's about 911, does it use landline or ooma?

Thanks!
#76086 by WayneDsr
Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:52 am
If you integrate all local calls out will use landline including 911. All local calls in will use your landline. All long distance calls out will use ooma.

If there is some "new technology" I don't know about then I could be wrong. However, I have not heard of this.

Remember, though, that by integrating the landline, there will be some features of the Premier package that will not work.
Also in order to utilize caller ID you must have caller ID on the landline, and if you use the "instant second line" you must have "Call forwarding on busy" on your land line as well.

Wayne
#76128 by tomcat
Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:13 am
WayneDsr wrote:Remember, though, that by integrating the landline, there will be some features of the Premier package that will not work.

Would you mind elaborating or pointing to a post that discusses the features that do not work? Thanks!
#76155 by lbmofo
Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:19 pm
tomcat wrote:
WayneDsr wrote:Remember, though, that by integrating the landline, there will be some features of the Premier package that will not work.

Would you mind elaborating or pointing to a post that discusses the features that do not work? Thanks!

In landline integration mode, all incoming calls are via landline. All local outgoing and toll free calls including 911 are also via landline.

In order to get callerid, one needs to subscribe to the callerid feature on the landline. Even so, some folks experience not getting callerid.

With landline integration mode, I recall 2 reported issues for some folks. 1 is no incoming callerid, the other is Ooma voicemail greeting not coming on.

Premier features that don't work in this mode (that I know of) are Blacklist and Multi-Ring. Anonymous Call Reject also doesn't work.
viewtopic.php?t=4741#p34074