Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#75569 by lbmofo
Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:51 am
Make sure the number you want to keep is the main number (the 1st one appearing on your Phone numbers section of my ooma). I think ported over number becomes your main number anyway.
#76008 by tomcat
Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:54 pm
Glacier wrote:Thanks for clarifying...

One more question, when someone tries to return a call on the second number will it ring on the main phone or go to voice mail?

While the second number will ring on your main phones, you can assign a different ring pattern to the second number. This way you can easily tell what number someone is calling you on (are they calling you main number or your business number). Didn't know if you were aware of this feature.
#76015 by umbertob
Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:58 am
tomcat wrote:While the second number will ring on your main phones, you can assign a different ring pattern to the second number.

Does that work for any handset or just Telo's own handset? I have a base and 5 cordless Panasonics with different choices of ringer built-in. I picked one for all of them when I purchased the system and haven't changed it since... I kind of like it, but it's no ordinary ringer sound. :?
#76017 by tomcat
Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:02 am
umbertob wrote:Does that work for any handset or just Telo's own handset?

This will work with regular phones, too. However, in the case of a cordless system, this will depend on how your phone uses the ring signal.

I have a Uniden cordless that I have just a standard ringer set and the pattern works fine. But if I were to select one of the built-in tunes/melodies, then the Uniden would substitute the incoming ring with its own. I would assume the Panasonic would do the same.