Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#75432 by Glacier
Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:42 pm
A few more questions related to this:

Can I have a 2nd line caller ID show using the **1 without purchasing the handset?

Can I choose what the caller ID will show?

If I port my number over will it be the main number?

I would like to have my home phone the main number and would be using the 2nd line for business.

Thanks!
#75434 by lbmofo
Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:46 pm
Glacier wrote:A few more questions related to this:

Can I have a 2nd line caller ID show using the **1 without purchasing the handset?
Yes, regular phone connected to the phone port can do this too.

Can I choose what the caller ID will show?
The name will be registered with whatever is on your account. If you choose a 2nd number, while picking the number, what you specify for callerid will take. If you need to change this later, there would be a charge. $19.99

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... 94/kw/cnam

If I port my number over will it be the main number?
Yes, the ported number will become your main number.

I would like to have my home phone the main number and would be using the 2nd line for business.

Thanks!
#75439 by murphy
Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:05 am
You can use the second phone number from the Telo's Phone jack with **1.
You can't have two calls in progress at the same time without a handset.
#75450 by Glacier
Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:56 am
Can I choose a 2nd number now, assign an ID that is different than my account and then port my phone over without paying the caller ID change charge (hope this makes sense!)
#75487 by ntoy
Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:14 am
Glacier wrote:Can I choose a 2nd number now, assign an ID that is different than my account and then port my phone over without paying the caller ID change charge (hope this makes sense!)

Hello,

With trial premier service, you can log into your My Ooma account and add a 2nd number. The callerid name you enter will be provisioned pending if it meets our carrier's guidelines for callerid name. For example: copyright names would not be acceptable. The maximum length would be 15 characters including spaces.

Note: If you port a 2nd number over, the callerid name will provision with your name. Unfortunately, there would be a callerid name change fee to change otherwise.
#75520 by Glacier
Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:36 pm
Thanks for clarifying...

One more question, when someone tries to return a call on the second number will it ring on the main phone or go to voice mail?
#75521 by lbmofo
Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:37 pm
Glacier wrote:Thanks for clarifying...

One more question, when someone tries to return a call on the second number will it ring on the main phone or go to voice mail?

Unless you assign the 2nd number to a personal device (handset, or scout), the number will be designated as shared and it will ring all the phones connected to your main device.
#75567 by Glacier
Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:31 am
One more question :)

If I port my number over, get a second number and down the line decide I do not want Premier, which number will it drop? I don't want to lose my home number... we've had it for 25 years.