Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#75346 by atlcoug
Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:42 am
I am in the process of porting my AT&T landline. Ordered dry loop DSL which AT&T installed on line 2. Now waiting for line 1 number (landline/DSL) to port. When line 1 goes dark, do I need to re-wire anything to get line 2 working with Ooma Telo?
#75348 by murphy
Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:46 am
Your DSL will still be on line 2.
Disconnect Line 1 from AT&T at the NIB and connect the Ooma Phone port to line 1.
#75375 by atlcoug
Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:34 pm
Thanks for the response.
Do I just unplug the line 1 jack at the NIB when line 1 goes dark?
Do you recommend that I try out the dry loop DSL on line 2 before line 1 goes dark?
#75397 by highq
Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:44 pm
If the phone company has wired your house so that there's a DSL connection to Line 2, then just plug in your modem to Line 2 at any jack in the house. No DSL filter necessary.
#76265 by atlcoug
Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:20 pm
Well I found out today that my port is supposed to happen tomorrow.
Line 1 (landline & DSL) is being ported, and AT&T says that they put the dry loop on line 2.
Here's my NIB:

http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/roswellcoug/?action=view&current=DSC_0734.jpg&newest=1

My phone line is a continuous loop around the house. There is one jack in each room and all 4 color wires are attached to it. I really only need one jack to work, because I am using wireless handsets.

When lime 1 is ported, it will be deactivated. Do I need to do anything at the NIB to get line 2 working?
#76275 by lbmofo
Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:02 pm
You just got to disconnect the moudlar plug from Test Jack 1 and your line 1 in the house would be disconnected from the phone company so that you can distribute your Ooma dialtone on line 1. While you still have phone service, you can do a test right now by disconnecting the Test Jack 1 plug. Your phones should go dead. Plug the modular plug back in and you should get the telephone company dialtone again.

The DSL that's coming in through line 2....is your DSL modem connected to a Line 2 jack inside the house or are you using one of those L1, L2, L1+L2 splitters?
#76292 by atlcoug
Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:51 am
When I got up today (which is the port date), I had no internet access. On line 1 (landline and DSL which is being ported), only the landline worked (I got a dial tone).
I went to the NIB and unplugged the line 1 modular jack, leaving the line 2 (dry loop DSL) modular jack plugged in. No dry loop access (blinking DSL light on modem). Inside the house, I have only one jack per room, and each wall jack has all four colored wires connected. (Can line 1 and line 2 act simultaneously in that kind of setup?)
Anyway, I went out to the NIB, unplugged the line 2 modular jack, and put the line 1 modular jack in the line 2 test receptacle. Internet is back on, but I'm wondering if it is the old DSL from line 1 or the new dry loop dsl. Numbers still has not ported yet.
#76293 by lbmofo
Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:03 am
atlcoug wrote:When I got up today (which is the port date), I had no internet access. On line 1 (landline and DSL which is being ported), only the landline worked (I got a dial tone).
I went to the NIB and unplugged the line 1 modular jack, leaving the line 2 (dry loop DSL) modular jack plugged in. No dry loop access (blinking DSL light on modem). Inside the house, I have only one jack per room, and each wall jack has all four colored wires connected. (Can line 1 and line 2 act simultaneously in that kind of setup?)
Anyway, I went out to the NIB, unplugged the line 2 modular jack, and put the line 1 modular jack in the line 2 test receptacle. Internet is back on, but I'm wondering if it is the old DSL from line 1 or the new dry loop dsl. Numbers still has not ported yet.

This means at the NIB, with line 1 and line 2 modular plugs in their original test jacks, your voice is now coming in via line 1 (blue pair) and DSL is coming in via line 2 (orange pair).
From what you said, seems like all your wall jacks in the house are wired for 2 pairs so get one of these splitters

When plugging in a phone in L1 port of the splitter, you should get dialtone (given your phone service is still alive) and your DSL modem should work plugged into the L2 port of the splitter.

Once the above works, if you disconnect the line 1 modular plug at the NIB, your phone should go dead. This means your line 1 is now isolated from the telephone company so you can freely distribute Ooma dialtone. Once confirmed your landline dialtone is dead when you plug a phone into L1 port of the splitter, feed Ooma's "phone" port into the L1 port of the splitter and you should get Ooma dialtone in every wall jack in your home.