Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#74958 by Dayvidpriddy
Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:14 am
Hey,

I'm trying to set up my handset but I'm not able to get previews of what the ringers sound like...very strange! I have to keep setting a new ringer, then using my cell to call the Ooma line to hear what the tone sounds like. That's pretty sketchy, I mean on cheap $20.00 Walmart brand phones they preview the ringers and you scroll through them to chose what you want. I can't believe how cheap this phone is...and the screen quality is just garbage...it's like they yanked out screens from cell phones from back in the 90's and threw them in these phones. I'm yet again pissed about yet again another Ooma product that is an epic fail!

First call logs only last 60 days and now this?
#74975 by EA PA
Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:23 am
You can preview ring tones in MY OOMA / Preferences / Phone Numbers / select the phone number of interest / select the ring pattern and select the audio symbol and you can test drive
#74977 by Dayvidpriddy
Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:31 am
OK so you can test them out from there but you can't set it there to set the tone you want on the phone? This is the most strangest thing I've ever seen. What phone doesn't let you preview the built in ringers from the handset itself? There is no instructions that came with the handset about any of this. I can't beleive there has no been no update to this phone, it's been out now for how long? No new model or nothing. It's really crappy!
#74981 by Dayvidpriddy
Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:38 am
No you can't, I tried and then I called my Ooma phone from my cell, the new ringer selected and saved via the web page did not ring on the handset. Now I see why people are going back to Vonage and paying a monthly fee...this is just not worth it.
#74982 by EA PA
Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:39 am
I have set it numerous times - My OOMA / Preferences / select the phone number that you want to change / and then select the ring pattern. I actually like that you can use different ring patterns for different numbers.
#74983 by EA PA
Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:40 am
AH - try again later - I have heard that it takes some time for changes to take effect