Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#74697 by groovengrover
Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:13 pm
I am wondering about the two outlets on the back of my hub, one says wall and the other says phone. If I plug the wall out into a wall phone jack then in another room I plug the scout into a wall jack and it works or if I plug the phone out into the the wall then every jack in the house I can use as a phone without the scout, My question is can I still have it so I can get a dial tone in all of the rooms of the house but then still have the scout plugged in where I can use it to check messages in another room than where the hub is or will this blow out my scout or hub?
#74698 by southsound
Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:18 pm
You can share the wall and phone connections with your home wiring to do just what you are asking. Use a single line spilitter (one might have been packed with your hub and scout) to combine the PHONE and WALL signals, then connect the combined signal to your home's wiring. You can then plug either a scout or a regular phone into any of the outlets.
#74699 by lbmofo
Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:26 pm
Like SouthSound says, you can use the "ooma Splitter" that came with your Ooma (if Core) pictured below.

Or get one of these duplex splitters:
duplex splitter 1.jpg
duplex splitter 1.jpg (5.05 KiB) Viewed 1550 times

duplex splitter 2.jpg
duplex splitter 2.jpg (4.94 KiB) Viewed 1550 times

Before distributing Ooma dialtone, make sure you disconnect your house wiring from telephone company.

For your reading pleasure:

viewtopic.php?t=10553
viewtopic.php?t=6853