Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#74365 by mcbj8
Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:17 pm
i have had an ooma telo setup for about 2 months and still am unable to receive phone calls when the landline isn't plugged into the ooma. But when calling out my phone number appears in the caller id as the number i had ported over (which i take as a completed port). This is rather frustrating because i would like to get rid of my landline provider and I'm afraid to do so because i may not receive any of my incoming calls or voicemails. I don't know if its a matter of how i have the system hooked up: I have Comcast cable - Modem/router(combined, all in one type deal)(motorola surfboard) - wireless network expander(Netgear) this uses the wireless internet broadcast from the motorola surfboard to expand my wifi as well as give me four ethernet hardwire hookups -> CAT5 Cable to the Ooma

Is there something that i have to set in the router to permit the incoming calls to come through?

Does the router's firewall block these calls?

When i call my home number from a cell or elsewhere, with the landline jack unplugged, the phone rings and rings but never rings on my house phones. Not only does it continue to ring but the voicemail never answers the call either.

The only time the system works properly is when the landline remains plugged into the Ooma telo.

I appreciate any help I can get!

Thank you.

-Joe
#74366 by murphy
Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:21 pm
If your incoming calls are coming in on your land line your port was never completed.
When a port is completed the land line goes out of service and the account is closed.
#74370 by mcbj8
Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:58 pm
so the port hasnt been submitted? I remember submitting the port and the ooma telo makes phone calls just fine without the landline plugged in and shows the correct number that i wanted ported...should i resubmit or try the port again?
#74380 by mcbj8
Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:18 pm
there isn't anything that has the porting over charge. huh...that's strange guess i never submitted the authorization for the port. In this case i should port my old number over from the 'my ooma' webpage under add-ons?
#74383 by lbmofo
Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:00 pm
If you never paid $39.99 for porting then you didn't port your number over. Unless you opted for a year of Premier with free porting. Do you remember submitting a Letter of Agreement (LOA)? And Ooma telling you that your number is ported over via email? If you are not certain, you can call Ooma customer service to verify. Yes, add ons is where you order port.