Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#74142 by EA PA
Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:30 am
Another issue. I go into MY OOMA, Preferences, Privacy and in the General area, I have the Block Display Of My Caller ID for OB calls UNCHECKED. It is saved and settings show 100% complete. I booted OOMA.

I still get Private Caller displayed on OB calls. *67 then number does not unblock either.

What is the trick?
#74144 by EA PA
Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:44 am
I tried it several times - it worked once - now its back to Private Caller without changing anything - Im confused - why is this happening ???????????????????
#74163 by EA PA
Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:52 am
Thanks - but - I did not port number if that matters. I have new numbers from OOMA during setup. Please let me know if / when you have the answer. Any help is appreciated.
#74164 by ntoy
Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:55 am
EA PA wrote:Thanks - but - I did not port number if that matters. I have new numbers from OOMA during setup. Please let me know if / when you have the answer. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry, I used the wrong dept - I meant to say our provisioning dept.
#74243 by EA PA
Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:49 am
I called support - they told me that they have to enter the name associated with the number manually - and the number I presume. I am not sure why - they told me that it will take 7-10 buisness days to input.

I still dont understand why the MY OOMA preferences do not seem to work, and that there is no capability to enter the name you want to be displayed along with number. In particular, this is important for other numbers or small buisness. Ill try putting this in the enhancement section of the forum. :idea:

When I see the results of the manual entry Ill post results.
#74245 by ntoy
Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:02 am
EA PA wrote:I called support - they told me that they have to enter the name associated with the number manually - and the number I presume. I am not sure why - they told me that it will take 7-10 buisness days to input.

I still dont understand why the MY OOMA preferences do not seem to work, and that there is no capability to enter the name you want to be displayed along with number. In particular, this is important for other numbers or small buisness. Ill try putting this in the enhancement section of the forum. :idea:

When I see the results of the manual entry Ill post results.

Outbound callerid name is provisioned through our carrier which we do not control directly. In general, callerid name takes roughly 7-10 business days to be displayed. With that said, there are other factors such as the local telco updating their database info as well; some may update once a month, quarter, etc.
#74247 by EA PA
Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:09 am
Hmm - OK thanks
#74645 by EA PA
Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:36 am
ntoy

After a call to OOMA asking for the number and name to be input to local telo, I verified that local was updated and now OB calls are displayed properly. It was not too long for the updates either.

Thanks for your help. It would be nice to have the option in Preferences to add the name associated with the number so that OOMA could input from day 1 instead of having to call etc.

Thanks OOMA - another issue solved :D