Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#74060 by adapa
Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:11 am
Two questions;

If I install my ooma Telo between my modem & router, can I run a 30-40 foot (10-15 yd) phone line to my answering machine? I will have set the ooma to more rings than my answering machine.
I want our phone calls to have priority over our network traffic.

Second question;
If I am on the phone & get a second call, can that call still be sent to voice mail given the above installation? This is assuming I have the premier service.

Thanks in advance!
#74063 by lbmofo
Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:16 am
Yes.

Yes, even without Premier. However, the number of rings you set for Ooma answering machine to kick in is the same for call-waiting calls as well.
#74064 by adapa
Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:24 am
lbmofo wrote:... However, the number of rings you set for Ooma answering machine to kick in is the same for call-waiting calls as well.

So I should set my ooma to 5 rings since my answering machine is set to 4?

I don't need premier for voice mail?....interesting
#74065 by Leeway
Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:29 am
I have my Panasonic base set to 4 rings for answering machine.

I have my Telo answer set to 6 rings.

I prefer to use my Panasonic due to convenience of location.

My Ooma answering machine will pick up the call if I am chatting with someone and I get a flash that I do not care to take at the moment. That call will automatically go into the Ooma answering and I can hear it later.

I have the same message on both machines so the caller doesn't know that I chose not to pick up the flash. :idea:

Donna
#74072 by adapa
Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:27 am
When a voice mail has been left on the ooma, does it give any tone notice on the handset or does it simply flash a lite on the ooma base?
#74073 by murphy
Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:31 am
It flashes a light on the Telo handset in addition to the one on the Telo base.
#74120 by lbmofo
Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:46 pm
Also the voicemail waiting indicator feature (that works with voicemail subscription with landline and other phone services) on most phones plugged into Ooma will also reflect the fact that you got a voicemail.

Changing gears, FYI, feature comparison between Premier and Basic: http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... comparison