Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#73863 by mikeschluss
Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:15 am
I have have a hub + scout and have it set up for 2 separate lines - i.e. I am using a 2-line phone with the 2 phone lines separate.
I want to replicate that for another 2 lines the question is do I have to go with another hub+scout or is there a way to do that with a Telo?
I thought I read somewhere that if you stick a line splitter into the Telo you can do this. Anyone with experience?

Thanks
- Michael
#73864 by lbmofo
Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:16 am
Telo has no ability to provide 2 separate hardwired lines.
#73866 by ntoy
Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:23 am
mikeschluss wrote:I have have a hub + scout and have it set up for 2 separate lines - i.e. I am using a 2-line phone with the 2 phone lines separate.
I want to replicate that for another 2 lines the question is do I have to go with another hub+scout or is there a way to do that with a Telo?
I thought I read somewhere that if you stick a line splitter into the Telo you can do this. Anyone with experience?

Thanks
- Michael

Hello Michael,

On a hub & scout account, premier services are required to use 2 lines at the same time.

On a telo, a phone connected to the phone port will manage a line. In order to use the 2nd line at the same time, premier is needed & at least one telo handset.
#73869 by mikeschluss
Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:36 am
ntoy wrote:
mikeschluss wrote:I have have a hub + scout and have it set up for 2 separate lines - i.e. I am using a 2-line phone with the 2 phone lines separate.

Thanks
- Michael

Hello Michael,

On a hub & scout account, premier services are required to use 2 lines at the same time.

On a telo, a phone connected to the phone port will manage a line. In order to use the 2nd line at the same time, premier is needed & at least one telo handset.

I certainly realized that the 2nd line is a premier function, but I was just asking about the way to get the 2nd dialtone.
A couple of quesitons - is there a difference between instant 2nd line and a second line? Meaning dialing out on let's say on 555-5555 while someone else is on the phone verses dialing out on 555-5556
Therefore with a Telo do I need a Telo handset even for a instant 2nd line (to dial out on the same 555-5555)

Let me ask you another question - let's say I buy a Telo handset: A. can I get a 2nd phone number? B. Is there a "bypass" on the Telo handset that I can plug another phone into it so I can use my own phone for the 2nd line and not be stuck with theirs?

Thanks
#73871 by murphy
Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:42 am
You need a Telo handset to use the instant second line.
There is no way to connect a second phone appliance to the Telo or it's handset.
If you must have two physical lines you need two Telos.