Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#73806 by EricJRW
Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:26 pm
I am 99% sure of the answer, but I just want to do my due diligence.

I already have one scout and it works fine. I bought another scout, used, off eBay. After cycling through the top two row of 2 lights each, the four (red) lights in the third row come on and stay on. I am plugging this into the same "wall" port as my other working scout, so I'm satisfied the wiring is OK.

Is there anything else I can check or is this a broken unit?

Thanks

(off to check return policy now)
#73809 by murphy
Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:48 pm
The definitive test is to connect the wall port of the questionable scout directly to the wall port of the hub with no other wiring involved. If it doesn't go online in that configurantion it has problems.
Check to make sure that one of the buttons isn't stuck in the depressed position. A stuck button can cause strange problems.
Also make sure that it has the right power supply. It is a 5 volt 2 amp supply with the center pin positive. The model number on mine is PSC11A-050. Check the pins in it's wall jack to make sure that none are bent out of position.
#73848 by EricJRW
Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:34 am
Buttons seem OK.
Pins seem OK.
I also tried the power supply with my working scout (same model number on both).

I'll try plugging it directly in to the hub. If that does not work then I guess I got a bum scout.

Thanks for the help.
#73851 by EricJRW
Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:43 am
Good idea. I will definitely use the cord I know to be working.
#73853 by ntoy
Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:44 am
EricJRW wrote:Buttons seem OK.
Pins seem OK.
I also tried the power supply with my working scout (same model number on both).

I'll try plugging it directly in to the hub. If that does not work then I guess I got a bum scout.

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

If you've tried connecting Hub2scout(Hub wall port 2 scout wall port) with a known(working) phone wire, most likely the scout could be the problem.
#73854 by EricJRW
Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:48 am
I've essentially plugged the suspect scout into a known power supply, phone cord, and phone (just in case, but I know a phone plugged in is not strictly required), though this "phone cord" is part of the house wiring. Just to remove that last unknown I will plug directly into the hub. This will remove all doubt.

I'm checking the power supply & cord that came with suspect scout with my working scout to make sure they are OK.

Then I'm heading upstairs to the hub.

Thanks
#73857 by EricJRW
Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:59 am
No luck...

Using known good cord and power supply and plugging directly into hub and I still have 4 red lights.

Contacting seller now.

Looks like it's back to the auction block for me.