Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#73664 by terryh
Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:45 am
I'm in the porting process, hopefully closer to the end than the beginning. This morning, my home phone was dead, meaning Verizon let go. When I call home from cell it says, "the number you dialed is not a working number". Is the ball now in Ooma's court? How much longer until I'm back on my number? Do I need to let the family/friends know my number is still good, just not good right now? Is Verizon out of the picture to the point I can call and cancel phone service?

Secondly, my service with Verizon was via FiOS, so I was already VOIP with Verizon. Are my calls routed differently with Ooma VOIP than Verizon VOIP? I mean other than my Telo vs NIB, is the path via Verizon's fiber the same or am I somehow downgraded because Verizon no longer owns my number. Does this make sense or should I get my morning coffee finished first? :D

Terry
#73687 by ntoy
Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:56 am
Hello,

Congrats! Looks like your number just ported.

Verizon no longer has the number. Your telo only cares about your Internet connection now that it is non landline configured.
#73692 by terryh
Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:47 pm
It's typical that the problems/headaches get more ink here, because happy customers don't post nearly as often as the unhappy customers. I wanted to go on record as saying Ooma ported on the exact day scheduled. My phones, wired and cordless, work as they did before. The only thing missing will be my Verizon phone bill. All good to this point. Thank you Ooma!