Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#73655 by BreakingBad
Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:48 am
I am new to OOMa-so far so good. I will be saving approximately $95.00 monthly with this service. In the process of waiting for a dry loop stand-alone DSL line to be initiated. Previously, I had both landline and DSL coming into my home on the same line (it is still in this mode until the 31st). I assume I am set up as landline integration at this point??? I reduced my services to basic, i.e. no caller ID etc. through ATT. Since then, no caller ID.

Questions:

Is this because of the integration and me eliminating those services from my landline-the calls that are coming in now are denoted in 'My ooma' as 'Disabled'. What does this mean? Will this remain this way until port is complete and DSl is dry looped?

My set up at p[resent is ooma between modem and router. Changed QoS from 384 to 410 and this cleared up any reception issues!!!
#73658 by lbmofo
Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:26 am
If you are using your own number with Ooma without having to port, then you are in landline integration mode. This means you'd need to subscribe to callerid on your landline to get incoming callerid since all incoming calls are coming from your landline. Once you port your number over and when your Ooma is standalone mode, then you'd get callerid.