Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#77551 by kidfried
Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:58 pm
Hi lbmofo,
thanks again for your patience and assistance. So I have ported my number and switched to Verizon Fios' "double play." The house is disconnected and lines are not "hot." Here's my question: in looking at the diagram at https://www.ooma.com/homedistribution it appears I have to feed a line from my Fios modem to the Ooma telo's "to modem" ethernet input and then another ethernet cable from Ooma telo's "home network" ethernet output to my wireless router. The line from my modem, however is a coax cable and the Ooma telo unit does not have a coax input.

Any ideas on this?
#77554 by murphy
Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:14 pm
kidfried wrote:Hi lbmofo,
thanks again for your patience and assistance. So I have ported my number and switched to Verizon Fios' "double play." The house is disconnected and lines are not "hot." Here's my question: in looking at the diagram at https://www.ooma.com/homedistribution it appears I have to feed a line from my Fios modem to the Ooma telo's "to modem" ethernet input and then another ethernet cable from Ooma telo's "home network" ethernet output to my wireless router. The line from my modem, however is a coax cable and the Ooma telo unit does not have a coax input.

Any ideas on this?

The coax cable from your FIOS box is to feed your STB(s). There should also be a LAN connector on the box to provide an internet connection.
#77555 by kidfried
Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:38 pm
Thanks murphy! The wireless fios router only has the coax in, perhaps there's a splitter in the basement from the Fios modem sending coax to my television as well (stb is set top box for the tv, right?). The fios wireless router does have ethernet WAN and LAN ports. I've currently got one of the wireless router's LAN ports connected to the Ooma telo "to internet" port and I've got wireless internet connection and Ooma service on one jack but no dialtone to other jacks in house. Any idea how I would change the config to distribute dialtone?
#77556 by murphy
Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:50 pm
It sounds like you are trying to use the wall jack on the ooma box. That is not what it is for.
You feed your building wall jacks from the Ooma Phone port.
#77558 by lbmofo
Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:56 am
Hi kidfried, I don't think you have posted a pic of your NIB yet. I think you got a pic of your junction box inside your house but do you have a pic of your NIB, showing wires and screw terminals, outside the house?

Fios double play means internet and TV right?

When you had Comcast, did they set it up so that you had comcast dialtone throughout your house?
Even if this was the case, Fios guys might be putting signal on your phone line again so I am not sure it would be safe to distribute your Ooma dialtone until we find out precisely what line is being used for your Fios signal.

Please post a pic of your NIB box.