- I will place hub#1 and the scout in building # 1, subscribed to premiere.
- I will place hub#2 in building # 2, no premiere subscription.
- I want to have 2 phone numbers that I can give out to people:
- Phone number for voice. Rings in both building#1 and building#2. If no answer, goes to a single voicemail box.
- Phone number for incoming faxes. Fax machine will be located in building#1. I will use the “distinctive ring” feature of OOMA and my fax machine so that the fax machine only answers when it detects the “distinctive ring” associated with this phone number.
Here is my setup plan:
- Configuration for hub#1 (premiere subscription):
- Phone number 1 will be set to standard ring. This is the “voice” number I will give out to people.
- Phone number 2 will be set to distinctive ring. This is the “fax” number I will give out to people.
- Multi-ring configured to point at hub#2’s phone number.
- No “personal devices” will be configured. Everything in the “shared pool”.
- Voicemail configured to answer after 5 rings.
- Configuration for hub#2 (no premiere subscription)
- A single phone number that I never give out.
- Voicemail configured to answer after 8 rings
- Can I configure hub#2 so that its outgoing caller ID shows the “voice” phone number associated with hub#1? The objective is to always have people call me at the voice number associated with hub#1, and when I making outgoing calls from building#2 I don’t want people capturing my hub#2 phone number via caller ID.
- When people call my hub#1 voice number it will ring in both buildings. Am I correct that all my messages will appear in hub#1’s voicemail box given that hub#1 is configured to answer after 5 rings and hub#2 is configured to answer after 8 rings?
- If someone calls my hub#1 “fax number”, will it also generate a distinctive ring on hub#2 / building#2? (I suspect the answer is “no”).
- Is there any reason I should consider configuring my hub#2 as a “personal device” in my “hub#1” configuration? Would it create any limitations or offer any advantages? Would it eliminate the need to pay the monthly taxes of $3.47 on hub#2?