Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#72882 by AA548035
Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:40 pm
I am currently installing OOMA TELO and want to confirm that I'm running through OOMA and not through ATT since I still have to keep ATT til porting is complete. I went outside to the phone box and all that is there is a COAX cable (running my ATT internet) and a phone jack. I disconnected the phone jack but the phones instead still work. I think the ATT digital I have is VOIP but not positive. I also would like all my phone jacks to receive OOMA, I think I read where I plug my phone jack (currently going into 2wire gateway) into the phone outlet of OOMA. Is this right?

How do I confirm that OOMA is operating and not my ATT digital. Thanks
#72883 by ntoy
Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:49 pm
Hello,

Your Ooma is registered with an Ooma number. If you hear our Ooma dialtone before making a call, you are going out Ooma. Your AT&T landline is separate.
#72884 by AA548035
Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:22 pm
Thanks for the response. My other question is can I plug the phone line into the "phone" jack on OOMA to reach my other phones. I don't think it is really a landline, I think it is VOIP from ATT. Thanks
#72885 by murphy
Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:29 pm
AA548035 wrote:Thanks for the response. My other question is can I plug the phone line into the "phone" jack on OOMA to reach my other phones. I don't think it is really a landline, I think it is VOIP from ATT. Thanks

Not at the same time. If you want to connect Ooma to your house wiring you must completely disconnect the ATT feed.
If you weren't porting your number you could use line 1 and line 2 in your walls but it's not worth the effort for the overlap period while the port is in progress.