Another configuration is to return your modem, router, computer to the way it was before you installed your Ooma device. Make sure dyndns works. Than connect the Ooma device behind (LAN side of) the Router, and work on the QoS. Below is a procedure:
General Outline for Setting up Ooma Behind (on Local Area Network side of) Router.
The steps below are just suggestions. Your may choose to use some or all of the Outline steps below, depending on your equipment and network requirements.
1. Temporarily access your Ooma Telo home port by plugging in a patch (network) cable from the Ooma Telo home port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the patch cable, so that a proper connection occurs.
2. Type http://setup.ooma.com
in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
3. Ooma device setup:
a. Enable Ooma device’s built-in MAC address.
b. Assign static IP address (IP number obtained from your router) in the Ooma device.
c. Disable QoS in Ooma device by setting upload/download settings to zero.
4. Verify that your router’s firmware is up to date.
5. Verify that your router provides support for QoS (Quality of Service) VoIP priority. (Some router manufactures use similar but different names for QoS), reference check router manual.
6. Enable router QoS settings as required, reference check router manual.
7. Place your Ooma device into your router’s DMZ using the static IP address you assigned to your Ooma device, reference check router manual.
8. –OR—(Step 7 or 9)
9. Create in router, router rule(s) to open Ooma ports, (Setup location sometimes found in router gaming menu) reference check router manual.
a. Ooma uses the following application ports for data and voice traffic,
UDP 53, UDP 123, UDP 514, UDP 1194, UDP 3386, UDP 3480, UDP 10000-20000, TCP 53 and TCP 443.
10. With Ooma device connected behind (LAN side of) router, don’t use Ooma home port. Use your router ports for other devices on your LAN system.
11. Do a cold boot of router.
12. Do a cold boot of Ooma device after router cold boot has been completed.