Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#71930 by rogressem
Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:06 pm
Can anyone point me to a link, or explain exactly what landline integration is? I'll have my landline for a few more months, and I'm wondering what the benefit is of plugging my landline in to the Telo landline port.

Thanks.
#73393 by dutchinchicago
Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:30 pm
I have the same question.

I did not enable this during my initial install but now I would like to enable it in the hope that my alarm system will start working. How do I enable it apart from plugging my land line in and what does it do exactly.
#73436 by WayneDsr
Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:35 am
Land line integration is the combination of your landline with ooma. It must be configured by ooma.

You then plug your landline into the wall port of your ooma box.

All calls coming in use your landline. All local calls going out, use your landline. All long distance calls going out use ooma.

In this configuration, you must have caller ID on your landline for it to show on the ooma box, and you must have Call Forward on Busy on your landline for the "instant second line" to work.

Many of the features of Ooma do not work using the landline integration configuration, hence, many in the forum, including me do not recommend it. (I had it set up that way for awhile) If you're only keeping your landline for a few months, it's best to use it separately, like a second phone line. If you are not porting your landline phone number to Ooma, you can use this time to get others used to your new ooma phone number.

Wayne
#73441 by Lakeo
Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:52 am
Do I recall correctly that without landline integration, but with the Telo connected to a LL, it will place all 911 calls using the landline, and will use the landline on Network outage?

lakeo
#73444 by WayneDsr
Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:22 am
I don't seem to remember the 911 working with the landline on non integration (I could be wrong) But I do remember the old Ooma Hub was able to switch over to the landline upon network outage, but I don't think the Ooma Telo has that capability.

I could be wrong, though, it's been awhile since I had a landline.

Wayne
#73447 by lbmofo
Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:41 am
Excerpt from "Ooma Hub vs. Ooma Telo:" viewtopic.php?t=9245

lbmofo wrote:Landline Pass-through:

Whether in landline integration or standalone mode,

Hub: If the Internet or power goes out then phones connected to the Hub would just pass through to landline dialtone plugged into the wall port.

Telo: Only if the Internet connection goes down.

As others have mentioned, all incoming calls and local outgoing calls (including 911) would go through your landline only if you are in landline integration mode. From memory (while I was in landline integration mode, Ooma used to amplify a buzz noise of my landline) all outgoing toll free calls also go through the landline. Hence, if your alarm panel dials out to toll free numbers to report alarm events, the calls will go through your landline if you are in landline integration mode.