Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#70941 by George Cole
Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:04 am
I'm sure this subject has been beat to death but I still not sure.
I have a stand alone at@t warp factor 10 dsl.
I ported my number..completed
I went to the NIB box and unpluged the former house phone (at@t shut down remotely)
I pluged the telo from the wall plug to the house phone jack...nothing not working
I have identified which plug is which in the nib box. I did disconnect the house phone jacks.

Do I have to do some rewiring? If so what and how? Can a photo be posted to give this old man a crutch?

Thanks and sorry if this info is in here somewhere, I just can't locate it .
George
#70942 by lbmofo
Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:09 am
If you are sure your house wiring is disconnected from the telephone company, then plug the Ooma "phone" port to your house wall jack. This would distribute your Ooma dialtone to the rest of the house.
#70954 by George Cole
Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:15 pm
Thanks, I'm sure AT&T has disconnected as there are no noise at the house phones and they told me they did it...I'll just slither outside and re connect the plug..

You have a great Holidays, Best Regards,

George
#70971 by EricJRW
Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:59 pm
Well if it's DSL, line one still needs to be connected, right? "stand alone at@t warp factor 10 dsl" is not some weird name for wireless access is it?

You could:
a) "home run" a line from the NID to the modem, bypassing home wiring so it can be used by ooma, or
b) use a second pair of the house wiring for ooma (good thread on this already, I'll look for it).

But unless I'm missing something, L1 still needs to be plugged in for DSL to work, right?

Edit: Here's the thread on making use of other pairs - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10261
Last edited by EricJRW on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
#70996 by lbmofo
Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:25 pm
EricJRW, good catch. Sorry I missed the "DSL" all together. So the thread where the NIB pic came from is precisely what needs to be done here too.
#71016 by George Cole
Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:59 am
Thanks to All,

The DSL name is something that came to me from the 60's I love time release chemicals.

In my NIB there are two plugs, one for the dedicated DSL. the other was for the wall plugs house phones..totally separate
As I understood it when AT&T remotely shut my phone service off all I had to do was to enter the NIB box, unplug the house phone plug, don't touch the DSL plug, go back in the house, connect a phone cable from the wall connection of the Telo to a wall plug and the house plates would be on the OOMA system..It did not happen that way...all the wall plugs are as dead as...what ever. I am afraid to replug the cable in the NIB box and then reconnect the Telo to the wall plugs...
Now do you think I have to do a slight rewire job at the NIB box? If so what to what ie; what colour wires to what..
I don't think calling AT&T is a option...I wouldn't anyway..
Again, Thanks to each and every one for the help..

Regards,
George
#71017 by 2spirit
Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:09 am
Sounds like you are on the right track . . . but to distribute dial tone, be sure to connect the Ooma's phone port to the wall jack. Except for those unfortunate ones running in landline integration mode, the Ooma wall port should be empty. Hope this helps!
#71018 by George Cole
Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:22 am
Thanks, done just that..still not working...here is how it sits now...at this moment..
Telo wall out put connected to the wall plug....nib house dedicated plug un pluged...no dial tone in any house wall plug..
I was going to re connect the nib box dedicated house plugs and see if dial tone would work using Telo...Had heard that the last could harm my OOMA system..so that's still on hold..
What do you think my next step be? Don't mention bridge or cliff..thanks,
George
#71019 by murphy
Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:27 am
George Cole wrote:Thanks, done just that..still not working...here is how it sits now...at this moment..
Telo wall out put connected to the wall plug....nib house dedicated plug un pluged...no dial tone in any house wall plug..
I was going to re connect the nib box dedicated house plugs and see if dial tone would work using Telo...Had heard that the last could harm my OOMA system..so that's still on hold..
What do you think my next step be? Don't mention bridge or cliff..thanks,
George

Connect the Telo Phone port to the house wall jacks. The Telo wall port is unused and should be empty.