Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#70731 by jane7095
Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:35 pm
I just bought an ooma only to find out it does not have a number in my local area (I thought ooma had most area codes). The representative said it's obtainable and she submitted a ticket to higher level technician but she didn't know when it would be available. I asked for a time range but she just couldn't give it. Does it mean it could really take forever? I plan to wait for 1 week or is it too short that I should just return it and seek other options? Anybody had similar experience? Thanks.

BTW, it appears I can port my current cell phone number but I don't want to do it since I'll keep it. Just don't understand why a new number with my area code is not available...
#70735 by ajw522
Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:12 pm
Numbers go in and out of availability, and if yours is not available, and customer service says it is obtainable, I would suggest to wait for a few weeks to allow Ooma to obtain more numbers and release them to users. If there are no numbers available in a few weeks, contact Ooma Support again and ask for a status update on the ticket that they originally created for you.

ajw522