Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#70672 by polson
Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:33 pm
I have a Telo device that I recently purchased and have been using occasionally to test the service. My call quality has been excellent and the device ran perfectly for a couple weeks. In the past week though I have noticed that my router becomes extremely busy at random times, but if I unplug the Telo (which is installed behind the router - cable modem > router > telo) the router will resume normal operations within a minute or so (it is not immediate, but it does recover). I am making the assessment that the router is overloaded because I can barely access the Admin interface on the router during this "busy" period (it is incredibly slow), but once the Telo is unplugged I am able to access it again normally within a minute or so (it is not immediately faster, but it does resume normal operations without having to be rebooted). Does anyone have any thoughts as to what could be triggering this type of behavior?
I have a Linksys WRT400N. I am not using any of the QoS features as the call quality has been good without it.
#70922 by thunderbird
Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:50 am
a.To be used for Ooma device behind router only: Change your QoS upload/download settings in your Ooma device to at least 2000 kbps above your Internet provider upload/download speeds, as measured with speedtest.net. Good Luck