Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#4893 by beckfan
Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:14 pm
I'm lost. I'm not sure where to begin. I've looked through the setup guides, but there doesn't seem to be a situation to match mine. I've got an integrated modem/router (fiber optic) and currently subscribe to Teleblend (formerly SunRocket) VoIP phone service. During activation, I chose to keep & port my current number. I remember seeing a message stating to connect Ooma device behind current device (or something like that).

So here's what I've done.

Connect RJ45 from router to Ooma "Home" port. Connected Teleblend device phone port to Ooma "wall" port. Connected Ooma "phone" port to phone.

I've got 1/2/trash/vm lights solid red and the Ooma tab blinking red. Any ideas where to start?

Ideally, while my number is being ported, I'd like to continue to receive calls with my current number and utilize the Ooma device.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
#4914 by WayneDsr
Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:01 am
Im not familier with your setup, but first of all, you need to plug your ooma hub into your router via the modem port on the hub. (like you would a pc on your network) Not the HOME port. If you're plugging ooma hub into your router, the ooma HOME port needs no connection.

Unplug everything else. The object here is to get a blue light on the ooma hub.

Wayne
#4921 by oomg
Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:15 am
WayneDsr wrote:Im not familier with your setup, but first of all, you need to plug your ooma hub into your router via the modem port on the hub. (like you would a pc on your network) Not the HOME port. If you're plugging ooma hub into your router, the ooma HOME port needs no connection.

Unplug everything else. The object here is to get a blue light on the ooma hub.

Wayne

What Wayne said x2. Apparently he and I have come to a similar solution. See the following thread:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=984

Once you get the blue light on the Hub, you should be able to wire the "wall" port on the back of the Hub to the "wall" port on the Scout (assuming you are using one).

As for the interim pending your number porting, does the Telebland (er... Teleblend) system allow for call forwarding? If so, simply forward your calls to ooma line (may be best to forward to line 2 since line one will be lost after porting).

oomg
#5009 by beckfan
Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:53 pm
Thanks for the advice. I switched the port to the modem port and now all the lights are off except the Ooma tab is solid blue.

I tried a test call to my number and when it goes to voicemail, it's still going to Teleblend. I'm thinking I'll just let it be until my number gets ported.

Thanks again for the help!
#5016 by WayneDsr
Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:50 am
If you're making a test call and your ooma hub is ringing, then everything is ok. I think the problem with your other service answering the call is because the old voice mail is set to answer in less rings than ooma voice mail is.
If you can disable your old voice mail or set ooma to answer in less rings (you can set this in the ooma lounge) than your old voicemail, ooma will handle the voicemail.

Wayne