Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#70289 by Primal
Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:44 am
My number was just ported over today. I had Comcast and prior to the porting, I plugged in my phone line from Comcast directly to my OOMA. It was working great while awaiting the porting, now nothing. I hear my TV audio thru the phone.

OOMA Admin shows everything as corrected and working. My calls are all going to voicemail.

Help! Losing calls and business!
#70292 by EricJRW
Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:56 am
Although I did not need to do this, my porting complete e-mail said I should reboot my hub/telo by removing power, waiting 15 seconds (?) and plugging power back in.

Also, have you moved your phone over from the wall port to the phone port (this may not apply if you have a telo - I have a hub and it has two RJ-11 jacks, "wall" and "phone").

While you still had dial-tone from Comcast, phones plugged into "wall" still connect to Comcast. Once Comcast pulled dialtone, you may need to redo a bit of wire moving (or at least removal)... Again, this how I understand it for my hub... If you have a telo, it may be different.
#70297 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:12 pm
Basically, leave your current setup precisely the same but just take out the phone wire connecting your Comcast device to your Ooma "wall" port and reboot your Ooma. If your phone isn't working properly, give it sometime; it should be up and running sometime today.