Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#70124 by MacGyver
Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:16 am
I'm new to Ooma and and looking forward to my number porting to be complete. But right now I'm having a slight glitch, I lose my internet connection at least once a week and am forced to re-boot my router to get it back.

My current connection is: Cable Modem → Ooma Telo → Linksys Router → Linksys WAP.

Any suggestions?
#70125 by murphy
Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:25 am
Connect to the Telo's setup page.

http://setup.ooma.com

Go to the Network page .
Click the radio button to use the built-in MAC address.
Click apply.
Turn off the Telo and the modem.
Turn on the modem and wait until it is online (30 to 60 seconds).
Turn on the Telo.
#70127 by MacGyver
Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:47 am
Thanks for the quick reply. I changed the MAC address as you suggested and everything looks good so far :)
#70457 by MacGyver
Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:24 pm
Well, I got home today and no internet. So changing the MAC address on the Telo to it's internal address didn't work.

Any more suggestions? I don't want to have to keep restarting my router every week like this :(
#70460 by lbmofo
Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:46 pm
Does this happen when Ooma isn't in the setup chain?

I know that since I changed my router, I have had to reboot my router 2wice in the last couple of months when I never had to before. For me, it is my router that is being flakey.
#70464 by lbmofo
Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:23 pm
And when you changed to "built in mac address," you also power cycled your Linksys devices?
#70527 by MacGyver
Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:46 pm
lbmofo wrote:And when you changed to "built in mac address," you also power cycled your Linksys devices?

Yes, I power cycled the Telo, then the router. I've had to power cycle my router every day for three days now :(
#70528 by WayneDsr
Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:49 pm
You may need a new modem. I had the same issue (only dsl) and a new modem fixed the problem.

Wayne
#70534 by MacGyver
Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:25 pm
WayneDsr wrote:You may need a new modem. I had the same issue (only dsl) and a new modem fixed the problem.

Wayne

Not sure if thats the issue. I've had no problems until I installed the Telo in the loop. It has to be a simple configuration issue, either with the Telo, or my router.