Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#70018 by SANDYR
Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:20 pm
I just activated my Ooma Telo. Is the setup any different when using DSL as our internet connection?
How do I know when our number has been ported?
#70019 by lbmofo
Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:41 pm
Welcome! Oregon ducks going to win championship?

Did you order number port from my.ooma.com "add-ons?"

my.ooma.com Account - Porting Status should tell you the status if you did.

A number of folks have reported that with Qwest, porting number doesn't seem to cancel the DSL so you can go ahead and order the number port without worrying about DSL service interruption.

It is best to run Ooma standalone (nothing going into the "wall" port of Ooma) with Ooma assigned number. If you have forwarding feature with your landline, you can forward your calls to the temporary Ooma number while porting is happening.

Using your own number (non standlone, landline integration mode) while porting has been buggy for many folks (no incoming callerid, no voicemail greeting, etc). If you want to run in standalone mode and get a temp number assignd by Ooma, you'd need to call Ooma customer service to set that up for you.

While you are at it, have them change your board handle to something else other than your phone number.

Also, you can delete those other extra threads you accidentally created.
#70028 by SANDYR
Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:20 pm
Hey, we are Beaver fans!! Go BEAVS!! Beat the Ducks!

I got too far with the number as my handle before I realized I shouldn't use it. Can you tell me now to change it, I can't seem to find the right place. Also, how to delete the extra threads.

When I install the device I'll understand more how it works, now it's kindof confusing.

Thanks for your help!
#70029 by lbmofo
Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:40 pm
Oh yeah, you are very close to Corvallis.

To change your handle, call Ooma Customer Service team at 1-888-711-6662 Monday - Friday 7am-7pm PST, Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST.

As far as the threads you started extra, when you open up the post, to the right of "Edit" button, you'll see a "x" button, that will delete it.

When you activate at ooma.com, make sure you get a temp number from Ooma (don't choose to use your current number while porting). This way, you don't need to hook up anything to the "wall" port of Ooma (don't need to feed the Ooma device with your landline dialtone). Less buggy.

If you have call forwarding feature with Qwest, then forward your Qwest number to the Ooma number.

Order number porting via my.ooma.com "add-ons."

After you got your Ooma working, do the following optimum setup: viewtopic.php?t=9536#p66155