Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#69877 by Granbury
Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:11 am
I activated my OOMA about 5 days ago, however, receiving parties still get "Out of Area" as my name, they get the correct number. When can I expect the system to transport my name as well as number. On my end when receiving a call I only expect the number being my home system will place a name on a received number.

Thank You
#69880 by murphy
Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:33 am
Granbury wrote:I activated my OOMA about 5 days ago, however, receiving parties still get "Out of Area" as my name, they get the correct number. When can I expect the system to transport my name as well as number. On my end when receiving a call I only expect the number being my home system will place a name on a received number.

Thank You

Ooma does not send the name. No originating phone company sends the name. The receiving phone company receives the number and looks up the name in the database of their choice. The problem is in getting all of the databases updated with the new information. Ooma sends out the information. It is up to the individual database operators as to when and if they will update their database.