Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#69828 by bshahfl
Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:26 am
I recently got the Ooma Core system and set it up. The phone is working perfectly, and I really enjoy the service.

One issue that I am having is that if I try to place a call, but it doesnt go through because the other line is busy, I just hang up and try to call again. However, with Ooma, when I hang up and pick up the receiver again, it tries to use the second line (which I do not have). Is there a way to disable Ooma's trying to use a second line? I would like to be able to hang up, and when I pick up again instantly have a ring tone.

--

Also, I have a set of 4 cordless phones. And for some reason, if one of them is off its charging hub and an incoming call comes in, that phone keeps getting an "impossible" to use error and I cannot use that phone. This is accompanied with a half-ring. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a solution?
#69829 by lbmofo
Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:35 am
Hang up for a longer duration will solve your problem.

As for your cordless phone problem, is that due to low battery situation?
#69830 by bshahfl
Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:41 am
Yes, I know I can hang up the phone for about 5 seconds and then pick it up again. But, isnt there some way to just disable this altogether? It is annoying to have to wait. Also, if we get disconnected accidentally and someone calls me right back, I cant pick up the phone to talk to them. I bet that most of the Ooma customers dont even have a second line and its silly if this cant be disabled.

It is not a low battery situation. It only happens once in a while and to different phones each time.
#69831 by lbmofo
Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:48 am
Instant 2nd line has same number and not a 2nd number. Don't need to hang up that long, just need to hang up as you would a normal landline and you'd avoid instant 2nd line kicking in. This instant 2nd line is a Premier feature. I don't have Premier and don't have an issue with hang-up/redial.
#69832 by ntoy
Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:04 pm
Hello,

Have you tried powering your hub off for a couple of minutes & powering back up?
#69874 by bshahfl
Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:57 am
Thank you. I have tried powering off and turning back on, but it did not work. I do not have premier or a second line (I never did have one). I also asked my friend who has Ooma and he is experiencing the same issue.

Ill try customer service to see if they can assist as well. But I would appreciate it if someone could please let me know if they are having the same issue or know of a resolution.
#69891 by EricJRW
Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:02 pm
bshahfl wrote:Thank you. I have tried powering off and turning back on, but it did not work. I do not have premier or a second line (I never did have one). I also asked my friend who has Ooma and he is experiencing the same issue.

Ill try customer service to see if they can assist as well. But I would appreciate it if someone could please let me know if they are having the same issue or know of a resolution.

Let us (me) know how it goes with support. I'm rather curious. I like the way my "instant second line" works, but I won't be a premier customer forever (just until the free trial is up).
#69936 by ntoy
Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:00 am
bshahfl wrote:Thank you. I have tried powering off and turning back on, but it did not work. I do not have premier or a second line (I never did have one). I also asked my friend who has Ooma and he is experiencing the same issue.

I wanted to confirm if you are briefly pressing down the hookswitch when you hear a fastbusy. It sounds like line 1 is not being hung up fully. It can take a few seconds to hang up.

This is interpreted as a flash and so device switches to line 2. You should be able to make a call just fine on line 2.
Being on core/basic just means you can't make 2 outbound calls at the same time.
#74212 by FeiGeiWay
Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:28 am
I have the same problem. After I hang up a call and try to make a another call immediately afterwards, it thinks the first line is still busy and tries to call on the 2nd line, but I'm not paying for premier service, so it keeps saying, "instant second line is not available" this is annoying as hell.
#74629 by bixfan
Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:58 pm
Problem: Active outbound call on Ooma Telo handset. Additional house wired phones are cabled to the Ooma telo phone jack. Home phone wiring is isolated. When a wired extension is lifted off-hook, Ooma provides "second line" dial-tone. I want to join the current conversation with the user on the Telo handset.

How can I join the call in progress from a wired extension?