Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#69741 by jacobp
Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:42 am
Hello and Happy Thanksgiving. I just received my Ooma and have questions about how best to set it up in my home network. I use Verizon FIOS. I was an early adopter to FIOS so my "modem" is installed in the basement and connects to my system with a single Ethernet cable that runs up to my office. Because i was an early adopter my system uses PPoE.

I have connected the FIOS cable to the Ooma "To Internet" jack. I then connected the Ooma "Home Network" jack to the Time Capsule's WAN input.

The problem with this approach, as another user has commented, is that the Time Capsule reports a DOUBLE NAT error. I "fixed" the problem by simply telling Time Capsule to ignore the error (that way the annoying blinking light stops blinking). Is this the preferred method of setup for my situation? Does simply ignoring the DOUBLE NAT issue degrade my performance? Thanks in advance for your help.
#69796 by harleyfatboy
Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:24 pm
You may want to consider getting an ethernet switch in your office. Then take the enet connection cable from your FIOS router to the switch....then plug you computer, the time capsule, and the ooma into the switch....I have FIOS and use a switch that allows me to plug the ooma, and many other computers, ps3, and other ethernet accessories....