Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#69655 by gvaisey52
Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Wondering if anyone else has had problems porting a line from Time Warner Cable (TWC) in Rochester NY?

I put my porting request in on October 30th but it came back with a porting problem contact carrier to release account. I called TWC and they claimed there was no line problems and nothing flagged. I have called OOMA Support and emailed them a few times. I have gotten limited responses and that they were checking on it.

If anyone can provide any help out in getting this completed, I be much appreciated!

--George
Last edited by gvaisey52 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#69674 by gvaisey52
Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:43 am
I have emailed that address and called customer support with the only response being "its being worked on, we'll update the web page status when we have time".
#69893 by EricJRW
Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:16 pm
lbmofo wrote:https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgebase/porting-error-codes-and-messages

If you haven't emailed loa@ooma.com, I'd try that.

That list is an interesting read... Especially how stubborn Verizon is.
#69898 by gvaisey52
Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:34 pm
I just recieved an update that Sprint is refusing to port due to a feature code no one can explain. Again, I have never had Sprint but Time Warner. I was offered the ability to cancel my port request and get a free handset which I took.

I'll do call forwarding to my new number and get everyone switched over to new number and then cancel the old account. Was really hoping to have the old number but that won't happen....
#69902 by EricJRW
Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:04 pm
Seems in a situation like that you get the FCC involved. I'm happy my AT&T port seems to be going smoothly... Knock on wood. It's scheduled for 12/6, at which time I'll know for sure.
#69908 by gvaisey52
Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:29 pm
EricJRW -

From what I've been told the FCC won't do anything because VOIP subscribers are not fully recognized providers. I've just decided to go with the free number that Ooma gave me. I just forwarded my old number from TWC to my Ooma number with no problems. I'll run this way until next week and then start telling family, friends and such about the new number.

I'm done dealing with TWC!!

Good luck with your port...
#70179 by EricJRW
Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:48 am
Interesting about the FCC. So "VOIP subscribers are not fully recognized providers"? Yet we pay taxes (at least new users do). Seems if we are going to pay taxes we should be treated like anyone using a "recognized" provider.
#70204 by EricJRW
Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:24 am
Good to know.