Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#69624 by idohair2
Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:25 am
We hooked up our Ooma and have been very pleased. We kept our old landline but would now like to drop it and sign up for Premier and port the landline # over as our 2nd # (I assume I need a scout now). Can this be done? I really need to keep this # as this is my business. Please explain in detail :0) Thanks!!

Also, I have about 50 days left on my trial period. Will my year start after the trial if I sign up now?
#69628 by ntoy
Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:32 pm
Hello,

Welcome to the forum!

If you want to make the 2nd number private(meaning you want phone #1 to only ring on the hub & phone #2 to ring only on the scout), then you need at least a scout to assign the 2nd number(this can be done after the number ports over in your case). Also, if you want to use both lines 1&2 at the same time, you need to have a scout along with premier.

If you don't care & want to use one line at a time(shared numbers), then a scout is optional.

To reiterate, you would need to purchase premier as you mentioned to maintain 2 numbers/lines.

Yes, your purchase of premier would start after the trial period is over. You can start the porting process if you would like, it takes on average 3-4 weeks. Just log into My Ooma > Add-Ons > & select Number Port.

Note: Since you are porting your number as a 2nd number, you will need to contact our support folks to inform them after you complete your online order. If not & your number port completes, your number will replace your main number.