Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#69243 by rangrace
Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:24 pm
I live in the capitol city of my state (around 500,000 people), but there was only _one_ phone number available for my _entire_ area code (which covers the entire city), and it wasn't even in the same city. There were no other numbers available for me to set up the instant second line, except two that were so far away it would be long distance for anyone in my city to call there. I can't believe I got the _last_ available number for such a large city, and am not sure how they are going to keep selling Ooma here if no one can get a phone number that is local to them. I won't be using the premier service until they can come up with some numbers in my city.
#69249 by murphy
Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:48 pm
rangrace wrote:I live in the capitol city of my state (around 500,000 people), but there was only _one_ phone number available for my _entire_ area code (which covers the entire city), and it wasn't even in the same city. There were no other numbers available for me to set up the instant second line, except two that were so far away it would be long distance for anyone in my city to call there. I can't believe I got the _last_ available number for such a large city, and am not sure how they are going to keep selling Ooma here if no one can get a phone number that is local to them. I won't be using the premier service until they can come up with some numbers in my city.

The instant second line does not use a second number. You can have two active calls on one number.