Conference Bridge

Have an Ooma Office question not covered by another forum? Post your questions here.
Post Reply
Tuan
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Conference Bridge

Post by Tuan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:26 pm

Now that trunk limit has been deployed, does this mean that if I have 10 lines activated I can bridge 10 lines or only 5 physical lines?

2nd question: How much bandwidth do I need per line? Is it the same as the Telo, which is around 40kbps each direction per line?

To test the trunk, I did the bridge test. I only have one line activated. I tried to transfer one line to the conference bridge and I can no longer receive another call.

User avatar
lbmofo
Posts: 9337
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Greater Seattle
Contact:

Re: Conference Bridge

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:03 am

Tuan wrote:Now that trunk limit has been deployed, does this mean that if I have 10 lines activated I can bridge 10 lines or only 5 physical lines?
With 10 lines, you can do max of 15 I think. 5 from physical Office lines and 10 from external incoming calls into the bridge.
Tuan wrote:2nd question: How much bandwidth do I need per line? Is it the same as the Telo, which is around 40kbps each direction per line?
That's a good assumption unless Ooma says otherwise.
Tuan wrote:To test the trunk, I did the bridge test. I only have one line activated. I tried to transfer one line to the conference bridge and I can no longer receive another call.
External calls involved in bridge would take up your line capacity.

"Each phone line can handle one external incoming or outgoing telephone call."
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

Image

Post Reply