Get help setting up your Ooma Office system.
#110625 by ChadTheDJ
Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:44 am
So just was curious on what the other Ooma Office users are using for their phones in their office environments. I would like to set up a helpful list for new users to help decided what phones to pair with new Ooma installs. I will add more in once people post more phones they use and locate more users who disclose their phones:

Corded Phones
-Panasonic KX-TS880B (Reviews: 1, 2)
-RCA 25260 NA
-Panasonic KX-TS3282B (Review)

Cordless / Wireless Phones
-Panasonic KX-TG6511B (Review)

Ooma Accessories
-Ooma Linx (add new phone extensions)
-Ooma Telo Wireless Adaptor

Start off with my reviews:

Panasonic KX-TS880B

Nice on the bank as each phone costs $40ish depending by the seller + shipping (not including the cost of the Ooma Linx). I had set up 3 stations using this phone and so far so good. On first setup, there is a glitch where the clock setting is stuck, but you can mash a few buttons to get past it. After the clock is set to the correct time, you don't have to deal with it any more. I would recommend disabling the annoying hold music feature in the phone so you won't accidently give one of your clients a headache. Speakerphone is loud and clear with no sound of distortion. Would recommend this phone to anyone who needs something cheap on a first time install. Cannot however review for the longevity of the device as it's only been about a few months in use.

Panasonic KX-TG6511B

Nice easy to set up handset that again was nice on the bank. The wireless range in my suite covers ok but doesn't seem to cover outside my area much. Walls in my building are very thick so that could be the reason why. Settings were easy to configure and nothing glitchy with this model compared to the other phone I got. Speakerphone is loud and clear with some distortion if you turn it up all the way to max.

(As more people post reviews, I will add them into the list with a link to your post. If there is multiple reviews for the same device, I will add them as well. Hope this list builds to help out new Ooma users)
Last edited by ChadTheDJ on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
#110636 by Tuan
Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:11 pm
Panasonic KX-TS880B Panasonic Link

I also purchased 2 of these. They work very well. I like the large display of Caller ID name and number. The one-touch 10-key speed dial is also very convenient.

Since I'm using the Office in conjunction with the Telo, I purchased a 2 line Panasonic KX-TS3282B. I like this phone also. It doesn't have 1-touch speed dials, but works well. Caller ID display is a bit smaller than the TS880, but legible.
#110856 by rrlowther
Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:31 pm
Well, we had major issues with our internet service which we've finally gotten resolved. Now I am trying to set up the Ooma business system and I'm running into issues left and right.

There is no where during the activation process to allow you to port your existing Ooma phone numbers. I told by an Ooma tech that the HD2 handsets worked well with the system. So I ordered three of them. Now they are saying the HD2 handsets don't work!!!
#110859 by Tuan
Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:53 pm
rrlowther wrote:Well, we had major issues with our internet service which we've finally gotten resolved. Now I am trying to set up the Ooma business system and I'm running into issues left and right.

There is no where during the activation process to allow you to port your existing Ooma phone numbers. I told by an Ooma tech that the HD2 handsets worked well with the system. So I ordered three of them. Now they are saying the HD2 handsets don't work!!!

I think you meant to post this under "Ooma Office Install Trouble" thread. The HD handsets work with the Telo not the Office.

During activation, you get a temporary number assigned by Ooma. After you setup your account, you can start the port process in Ooma Office Manager
#115344 by Mutzli
Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:07 am
I'm using 3 phones from G.E. Thompson RCA (part no. RCA-25216RE1) for our desk phones. Each phone supports 2 physical lines and a third line via Bluetooth so you can connect your cell phone to your desk phone as well. These phones work great with all Ooma functions and the call quality is outstanding.

For our wireless phone I'm using a couple of DECT 6.0 Swissvoice Phones (part no. SWV-20406946). Call quality is very good and they look really different. The wireless range is excellent, I can walk 300ft to the mailbox and the phone has no problem holding a quality connection.

Source:

RCA-25216RE1
Newegg Item#: 9SIA0ZX0T93070
Amazon Item#: B003Y7CE78

Swissvoice SWV-20406946
Newegg Item#: N82E16876837016 (set of 2)
Amazon Item#: B004ZEMZGY (single unit available in black, red or white)