Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
#6466 by marcw
Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:32 am
Still Out in South Georgia (Douglas), My internet connection is great as I am still posting here.
#6467 by Mike336
Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:33 am
I am also unable to log into the lounge. Is that unrelated to the outage? I'm currently on a temp # waiting for a port and this morning I signed up for a 2nd number. Would either of those actions have changed my login number?

Still out in Alabama, by the way.
#6468 by ooma_try
Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:35 am
mjv5864 wrote:still down...Norwalk, CT

This is the reason we need a Network Availability forwarding # as part of the basic service.

The problem with this is that with a centralized service which is itself down non of the features can work because the system can't be invoked. The Network Availability forwarding feature would only be of use when the ooma system is up, but the local internet connection (or hub) is down.
#6469 by Pandora
Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:36 am
Dennis P wrote:We continue to work our connectivity issues with our upstream Internet providers. Connectivity is very unstable right now. You may see your box go in and out of service depending on where you are located and who your Internet provider is.
After this, when you have your meeting to review what happened and how to fix it.

I'd like you to consider suggesting that Ooma core provide a failsafe which will call a user defined number if for any reason service isn't working at a customers Ooma hub.

This would permit important calls to get through to a user selected number. If Ooma had this, my cell phone could be used as a backup for Ooma in the event of any network failure (on the part of Ooma or anywhere / anyone else).

Thanks
#6471 by mjv5864
Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:40 am
ooma_try wrote:
mjv5864 wrote:still down...Norwalk, CT

This is the reason we need a Network Availability forwarding # as part of the basic service.

The problem with this is that with a centralized service which is itself down non of the features can work because the system can't be invoked. The Network Availability forwarding feature would only be of use when the ooma system is up, but the local internet connection (or hub) is down.

From the Vonage website:

" During a broadband service interruption, incoming calls are automatically forwarded to the phone number you designate as your Network Availability Number in your Online Account.

Even better, if your Vonage Device gets disconnected, incoming calls will similarly be forwarded to your Network Availability Number.
#6473 by ooma_try
Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:44 am
From the Vonage website:

" During a broadband service interruption, incoming calls are automatically forwarded to the phone number you designate as your Network Availability Number in your Online Account.

Even better, if your Vonage Device gets disconnected, incoming calls will similarly be forwarded to your Network Availability Number.

--- assuming, of course, that the Vonage system itself is up. Notice it only applies when "your Vonage Device gets disconnected"...ie, a local only problem
#6477 by mrjlw2480
Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:46 am
I am just glad that it will eventually be back...I thought Ooma had closed the doors, turned off the lights and went home for good!!! LOL I have had Ooma for approx 6 weeks and this is the first time I have had any glitches at all with the service. I have gotten so used to having Ooma I hope they are around forever!! :)
#6478 by bryanlyle
Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:47 am
ooma_try wrote:
From the Vonage website:

--- assuming, of course, that the Vonage system itself is up. Notice it only applies when "your Vonage Device gets disconnected"...ie, a local only problem

that's it exactly. vonage will forward the call if YOUR service goes out, not THEIRS. At least that is how I read it.