Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
#7279 by chunk73
Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:02 am
For all those who are at work and cant visually check their light to see if service is restored all you have to do is call your ooma phone number. If it rings and then goes to VM service is up, if it doesnt ring and goes directly to VM it is down. Simple as that.
#7282 by Soundjudgment
Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:03 am
tjnamtiw wrote:
zeppelin wrote:I had AT&T for 25 years w/o an outage and ooma for 4 months and 2 outages.

25 years???? Right!!!

If Ooma had the equipment, network structure and servicing man-power the Bells have/had over the decades, they'd be crowing about no lack of service there, too. ;)
Last edited by Soundjudgment on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
#7283 by paul15000
Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:03 am
Unless of course you use it in conjunction with a land line as some of us do.

chunk73 wrote:For all those who are at work and cant visually check their light to see if service is restored all you have to do is call your ooma phone number. If it rings and then goes to VM service is up, if it doesnt ring and goes directly to VM it is down. Simple as that.
#7285 by chunk73
Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:05 am
Isnt the ooma number different than the land line number? Incoming calls to the ooma number should still behave the same.

paul15000 wrote:Unless of course you use it in conjunction with a land line as some of us do.

chunk73 wrote:For all those who are at work and cant visually check their light to see if service is restored all you have to do is call your ooma phone number. If it rings and then goes to VM service is up, if it doesnt ring and goes directly to VM it is down. Simple as that.
#7286 by tjnamtiw
Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:06 am
Soundjudgment wrote:
tjnamtiw wrote:
zeppelin wrote:I had AT&T for 25 years w/o an outage and ooma for 4 months and 2 outages.

25 years???? Right!!!

If Ooma had the equipment, structure and servicing man-power the Bells have/had over the decades, they'd be crowing about no lack of service there, too. ;)

Even with all their people, ATT has let me down so many times over the years, that I often refused to pay them for non-service. Now, you have to almost speak Tagalog to talk to their customer service people!!!! BellSouth sucks compared to ooma.
#7290 by daet
Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:07 am

Also, if you cannot log into the Ooma Lounge, you're service isn't up.
#7293 by marcw
Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:11 am
Email Sent--Down again in South Georgia (Douglas) Did several power recycles, lines 1 and two solid red and a red blinking tab. It is 9:00 AM 4-15-09 This is the same thing that happened Monday April 13, Please advise on the status Also I can log into the lounge Thanks, Marc