Director of Public Relations
Job Title: Director of Public Relations
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Reports to: VP of Marketing
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Director of Public Relations will manage all corporate and product communications and messaging for Ooma. In this role you will be accountable for public relations strategy, crisis/issue communications, product/service launch communications, events and serve as the media spokesperson.
- Oversee all Public Relations and Social Media for company, product, programming, events and executive announcements
- Define, develop and oversee end-to-end execution of PR strategy for the company
- Manage PR initiatives and provide strategic insight that drive business results
- Manage public relations agencies to develop communications plans, and execute to maximize results
- Prepare executives for media interactions, internal communication and public appearances
- Establish and maintain relationships with the local and national media covering technology and business topics in order to be a trusted source of information and ideas, which result in positive coverage for Ooma
- Manage direct report to define, develop and oversee Social Media strategy for the company
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 15+ years of direct experience leading media and financial communications for a publicly-traded company (consumer experience a plus).
- Highly motivated and committed leader with management experience including setting the vision for a team, driving toward goals, and offering development and mentoring
- Proven track record in creating innovative and targeted communications programs that generate results
- Solid track record for generating positive media coverage across all channels, including social media
- Existing relationships with key press contacts for relevant industry/trade and consumer media
- Proactive and outgoing with a get-it-done attitude.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and can be equally effective in both formal and informal settings with press, customers, senior executives, peers and business partners
- Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred
To apply, please submit your resume electronically to email@example.com.
(We will accept your resume in either one of the following formats: RTF, DOC, PDF, TXT)
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Click here for PDF version: Director of PR