Job Title: Customer Support
FLSA Classification: Contract
Department: Customer Service
Location: Newark, CA
Reports to: Director of Customer Service
Ooma offers consumer and business products that provide free and low-cost U.S. and Canadian he role of the Customer Care candidate is a technical support position in a high-volume fast-paced VoIP technical contact center. The incumbent will be responsible for handling customer cases by troubleshooting advanced/complex hardware and software issues while providing a best-in-class customer experience. Responsibilities include all facets of the day-to-day operational execution from handling inbound calls into the Queue, or calling back on open issues from Support tickets. Customer communication mediums include the telephone channel, email and chat-based interactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a best-in-class customer experience while satisfying the customer’s needs.
- Provide front-line troubleshooting and Customer Care in Ooma’s tiered support model.
- Going the extra mile to follow up with customers, ensuring issues are resolved and customers are satisfied in a timely manner.
- Diagnose network, router or connectivity issues to help improve Quality of Service for calls.
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to resolve VOIP problems by utilizing CRM tools and reviewing logs.
- Monitor telecommunication services that include our carriers, our telephony servers, etc.
- Provide root cause analysis of new issues and provide detailed analysis for our engineering teams.
- Provide customer updates on status of open issues or confirmation when issues are resolved.
- Apply expert knowledge of Ooma’s services, VOIP technology and networking hardware and software.
- Identify bugs and possible service impairments based on call trends and customer feedback.
- Test newly fixed bugs prior to deployment by the engineering team.
- Help maintaining customer facing and internal Support knowledgebase articles.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Possesses high technical and customer-focused aptitude.
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast paced environment.
- Experience driving continuous improvement in a complex product support role for a company known for its focus on customer service.
- At least 2-year experience in an technical support role.
- Ability to communicate and empathize with all levels of customers – executives, external customers and engineers.
- Solid background with VOIP technology and terminology desired by not required
- Experience working with telecommunications and/or networking products.
- Experience working very closely with technical teams to drive software or hardware improvements based on customer impact/feedback.
- Any networking, IT or telecommunications certification is a plus.
- Familiar with Customer Relationship Management software, RightNow a plus.
- Highly organized and results oriented.
- Excellent punctuality and attendance record a must.
- Spanish and French speakers will be a PLUS.
• Undergraduate degree preferred, preferably in a technical discipline.
To apply, please submit your resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(We will accept your resume in either one of the following formats: RTF, DOC, PDF, TXT)
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.