Job Title: Content Writer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
As the content writer for Ooma, you will be responsible for content generation, management, and distribution to drive awareness of the company brand and to drive inbound traffic through organic sources. Utilizing a combination of marketing ideas and content writing as a journalist, you will create, moderate, optimize and distribute content that attracts attention and helps establish Ooma as a trusted brand. You will be part of the marketing team to drive the development of a wide range of content such as infographics, whitepapers, videos, webinars, emails, newsletters, landing pages, print collateral and more. Your content will help acquire new leads, educate prospects, win new business, upsell and cross-sell solutions, and win loyalty from customers.
- Help build and execute a content strategy
- Map all content needs against the customer life-cycle
- Write content for our new products and services
- Improve and optimize exciting content for better search ranking
- Plan and execute whitepapers, webinars, infographics, blogs, landing pages, videos, etc. to engage the target audience
- Develop content to support seasonal marketing campaigns
- Set up metrics and track progress using qualitative and quantitative data on content, by measuring engagement, leads, sales, conversions, and customer advocacy, etc.
- Collaborate with graphic artists to craft improve visual representations and user experience
- Establish workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, re-purposing and retiring content
- 5+ years of writing experience (preferably a mix of journalism and marketing)
- 3+ years of experience with SEO and internet content writing
- Excellent storyteller, writer, and editorialist
- Good understanding of content marketing, demand generation, and the buyer lifecycle
- Ability to deliver and convey measurable results using digital marketing analytics and tools
- Portfolio of work for websites, social media, email, collateral, video, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Competitive salary, bonus and equity
- Medical / Dental benefits
- Paid time off and generous holiday schedule
Ooma offers consumer and business products that provide free and low-cost U.S. and Canadian telephone calling and advanced cloud-based telephony services to its global base of customers. Ooma delivers HD call quality and the reliability of traditional phone service at a fraction of the cost, in a sleek and innovative design. Ooma has been ranked the #1 home phone service for overall satisfaction and value for the last three consecutive years by a leading consumer research publication. The Ooma Mobile HD app allows customers to make U.S. and international calls from their iOS and Android devices. Ooma is available at leading retailers and online destinations. For more information, go to www.ooma.com (U.S.) or ca.ooma.com (Canada).
To apply, please submit your resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. (We will accept your resume in either one of the following formats: RTF, DOC, PDF, TXT)
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.