Site Reliability Engineer-Linux Systems Administrator
Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer-Linux Systems Administrator
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Department: Network Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Reports to: Manager, Network Infrastructure
Ooma is seeking a strong Linux Systems Administrator to join our Network Operations team. Duties include general Linux systems administration, software development for integration with our software base, tools for automation and deployment, plug‐ins, monitoring augments etc. Familiarity with SIP and VoIP is a major plus.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter who enjoys working in small teams, and understands the pressure and pride of maintaining a world class 24/7 production environment. You have the desire and the ability to specify goals and constraints, propose alternative solutions to issues, consider risks, and evaluate and choose best course of action. Network experience – L3 & L2 experience a plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• General systems administration and maintenance tasks of Linux systems in a 24/7 data center environment
• Development of automation programs and scripts
• Troubleshooting of difficult technical problems escalated from technical support, including investigating VoIP issues related to signaling, media, and customer data issues
• Assisting in capacity planning, performing software upgrades on production platforms, data center build outs, and change management.
• Tracking bugs and gathering specific technical information to be provided to development team(s).
• Familiarity with any/all of Chef, Puppet, Nagios, Cacti
To apply, please submit your resume electronically to email@example.com. (We will accept your resume in either one of the following formats: RTF, DOC, PDF, TXT)
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.