Location: Palo Alto, CA
Ooma™ is a leading Voice over IP (VoIP) service provider. Our consumer home phone service has been ranked #1 in the country 4-years running and we recently launched an award-winning service for small business. Ooma products are sold in leading retailers nationwide including Amazon.com, Best Buy, Costco and Staples. The ideal candidate will thrive in our fast paced, results-driven culture.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual passionate about playing a critical role in our QA organization. You will be responsible for testing and validating all aspects of the Products and Services offered by Ooma.
You will also be responsible to define test strategies, test design, Lab setup info, defect tracking, final customer reports, and upper management reports. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing test solutions who will work with cross-functional teams to properly validate the products and services offered to customers in a controlled lab environment.
- Develop test plan and test cases for Ooma products
- Execute the test cases per release content and schedule
- Report the bugs in bug tracking system and escalate the critical issues to the development team
- Track and manage bugs found during test validation
- Design and author customized test cases
- Execute test plan and provide management status, risk & schedule to upper management
- Minimum of 2-3 years of QA experience in networking, services and support applications and/or Software mission critical systems within a QA organization
- Must have experience to write and execute clear, organized, detailed test plans and test cases, including the designs of test scripts
- Working in Linux environment and basic Linux administration is plus.
- Experience with a database management and basic administration is required. MySQL DB experience like running SQL queries is preferred.
- Experience with reviewing and analyzing the log outputs.
- Must be able to install, configure and maintain lab environments.
- Experience as customer support engineer is desirable, specially in the context of providing technical solutions
- Experience in testing SW subscription and bundling type of products and services
- Experience with networking, home, business security, monitoring, VoIP products, service is preferred
- Scripting skills for Automation are highly desirable in some of the following languages (Perl, TCL, VB or C++)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple projects
- Must have Strong communication skills, excellent listening skills, and a strong work ethics
- Must be a Self starter, motivated, detail oriented, and have the ability to work collaboratively with others
- BS EE, CS/CE or a related technical field is desirable but not a must if the skill/expertise requested aligns with the position
To apply, please submit your resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(We will accept your resume in either one of the following formats: RTF, DOC, PDF, TXT)
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.