Job Title: IoT Engineer
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Ooma is looking for an IoT Engineer to support the Software Development. We are looking for a senior enterprise Java and embedded Software to work on our IoT products
Ooma is expanding its product portfolio into the exciting market of Home Monitoring and IoT “Internet of Everything”. The qualified candidate will join the software leadership team to complete the development and general release of the initial product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• SW architecture development and documentation.
• Debugging and root cause analysis.
• Managing Code and design reviews.
• Coordination of work with outside partners and technology providers.
• Coordination of work with other teams, specifically Build and Release, QA, Program and Product Management.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
• Minimum BS (preferably MS or PhD) in CS or equivalent.
• 10+ years as a Java developer.
• C++ experience highly desirable.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Able to describe complex subject in formal written specs to be implemented jointly with offshore developers.
• Experience with embedded devices and programming environment in general and consumer electronics in particular.
• Experience with enterprise Java development (backend server side).
• Familiarity with LAN networking protocols.
• Familiarity with mobile development environment in general and IOS in particular.
• Expert knowledge of Linux.
To apply, please submit your resume electronically to email@example.com.
(We will accept your resume in either one of the following formats: RTF, DOC, PDF, TXT)
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.