Ooma Introduces New Mobile App Calling Plan Option
PALO ALTO, CA - Thursday, September 16th, 2010
Ooma: the company has added yet another way for users of the Ooma Mobile application to save money on calls to friends and family.
Ooma is offering a new Ooma Mobile calling plan that allows users to talk for 1,000 minutes for less than $5 per month
The Ooma Mobile application lets Ooma customers make U.S. and international calls from their iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Phone calls made using the Ooma Mobile application are transmitted through the Internet connection of your device (either Wi-Fi or 3G) so you do not need or use minutes from a cellular voice plan.
Today’s new bundle extends Ooma’s comprehensive calling plan offerings for Ooma customers. As always, calls to Ooma phone numbers using the Ooma Mobile application are free. Calls to other U.S. numbers remain just 1.9¢/minute without the calling bundle. Ooma Premier subscribers still have the bonus of 250 free minutes of U.S. calling every month.
Benefits of using Ooma Mobile:
– Save on minutes: Save money by shifting your minutes to Ooma Mobile and call over Wi-Fi or 3G
– Call overseas: Save up to 90% on international calls using your Ooma prepaid account or international calling plan
– No coverage, no problem: Avoid roaming charges for phone calls when you have access to Wi-Fi – perfect when traveling abroad
– Keep your caller-ID: Calls made using Ooma Mobile show the caller-ID of your Ooma account
– Conserve bandwidth: Reduce 3G bandwidth usage by up to 60% when making a call with Ooma PureVoice technology
– Call from your iPod/iPad: Ooma Mobile transforms your iPad and iPod touch into a phone
– Free calling to Ooma subscribers: Call any Ooma phone number and talk for as long as you want
Available for enrollment via the “My Ooma” area of www.ooma.com
About Ooma, Inc.
Founded in 2004, Ooma creates new communications experiences for small businesses and consumers. Its smart platform serves as a communications hub, which offers cloud-based telephony and other connected services. Ooma combines PureVoice HD call quality and innovative features with mobile applications for reliable anytime, anywhere calling. The company has been ranked the No. 1 home phone service for overall satisfaction and value for five consecutive years by the leading consumer research publication. Ooma is also partnering with connected device makers to create smarter offices and homes. Ooma is available in stores and online from leading retailers. For more information about Ooma, please visit www.ooma.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.
Ooma, Ooma Telo, Ooma Office, PureVoice and the Ooma logo are trademarks of Ooma, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
The detailed terms and conditions of Ooma's products, services, and support are fully set forth in the Terms and Conditions, available online under the "legal" tab on the bottom navigation bar of the Ooma Web site.
Brian Jaquet / Ooma
Vanessa Piccinini / Access Emanate Communications