Problem with outgoing calls

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!

Problem with outgoing calls

Postby ajayprasad » Mon May 04, 2009 12:42 pm

I have been having problems with outgoing calls for the past 3 days. I either get a busy signal (I know the number is not busy because I am calling my cell phone from my Ooma phone) or I get a message that the number cannot be called as dialed.
When this is the case, the number that shows up in the call log is different from what I have dialed which probably explains why the call is not going through.
Why is this happening. I have called tech support a number of times and I was told yesterday that there seemed to be a problem with how the call was being routed and that somebody will be in touch with me next morning. It has been almost 24 hours now and no call and the situation continues.
When I finally decided to call back, I was on hold for about 15 minutes before I decided to hang up.
I am pretty disgusted with support and the service at this point and am tempted to go back to my other VOIP provider (at least the calls went through even though I had to pay for them).
ajayprasad

Re: Problem with outgoing calls

Postby southsound » Mon May 04, 2009 12:48 pm

I'd try calling again and having the person you reach check status or transfer you to the senior tech working on the problem. Tech support has had problems in the past with being understaffed, but they have put into place a great model that usually works well. I know that from experience that they will work on the issue until you are satisfied. I'm sorry that your first experiences with ooma have not been great, but I think in short time you will join the ranks of satisfied ooma customers.

Lest I forget - Welcome to the forum and welcome to ooma!
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.
southsound

Postby WayneDsr » Mon May 04, 2009 3:50 pm

Yes, ajayprasad, what Southsound said!

Wayne
WayneDsr

Postby moh123 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:05 pm

Hello OOMA Tech support,

I am having the same issue. Can you pl. fix this.

Thanks,
Mohana
408-219-9489
moh123

Postby southsound » Mon May 04, 2009 9:09 pm

Mohana,

What I meant was to call ooma technical support by telephone at 888-711-6662. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, you might want to edit your message to remove your phone number. Posting your number on any public forum can lead to your receiving a lot of calls you really don't want.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.
southsound

Postby bw1 » Tue May 05, 2009 4:49 am

southsound wrote:Also, you might want to edit your message to remove your phone number. Posting your number on any public forum can lead to your receiving a lot of calls you really don't want.

Yes, and there are some on here who appear to have used their phone number as their forum id.
bw1

Postby jawzg » Sun May 10, 2009 10:51 am

I have this problem as well. The only way I can get around it is to unplug and plug back in my ooma hub.
jawzg

Return to Other Support Topics