Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#2100 by gigilove
Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:00 am
Hi everyone,

New Ooma user and I'm liking it so far. I work from home and I was wondering if there's a chance we can get a 1-800 toll-free number? Slim chance, but thought I would ask anyways. Or even 888 numbers?

Gigi
#2103 by AngelaKendig
Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:59 am
gigilove wrote:Hi everyone,

New Ooma user and I'm liking it so far. I work from home and I was wondering if there's a chance we can get a 1-800 toll-free number? Slim chance, but thought I would ask anyways. Or even 888 numbers?

Gigi

If they ever did offer toll free numbers it wouldn't be free. Maybe in your children or grand childrens lifetime though...Hmm, something to look forward to.
#2104 by pantut
Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:03 am
If Ooma does not provide 800 numbers, ( at at this point, they do not) you can surf the web for 800 providers. They charge a activation fee, and a monthly fee for the 800 number. Then there is a per minute fee, but the 800 number is directed to your home phone number, and the calls just ring to that number. Or you could direct them to your second home number, and set up your different ring tone. In any case, most actual 800 numbers are all tied up, so there is a high chance that you would get 877 or 866 or 888 number rather than the old simple 800 numbers.
#8901 by levelbest
Sat May 02, 2009 11:03 am
I know ooma is looking to make money and think they should offer this feature as vonage does for an additional $5 a month w/ premier. I'd sign up in a heartbeat for premier to get a second line and the toll free service.
#8927 by levelbest
Sat May 02, 2009 4:07 pm
Pandora wrote:Would you pay per minute for incoming 800 calls?


With vonage - for the price, you get an allotted number of minutes. So, to answer the question, I would absolutely pay for overage if I went over, but I have yet to do that with them.

Here's exactly how they work it...

Add a Toll Free Plus number for only $4.99/month including 100 free minutes.


It's a nice add on and as Ooma is going to sustain itself on recurring revenue down the line, something like this makes sense as part of the premier package.
#8928 by Pandora
Sat May 02, 2009 4:32 pm
levelbest wrote:It's a nice add on and as Ooma is going to sustain itself on recurring revenue down the line, something like this makes sense as part of the premier package.

I agree it would make sense if Ooma can profit from it. Though maybe not as part of premium, but as an extra add on. Beyond the first phone number, Ooma charges $4.99 per month per line for more than a 2nd line even with premium.

Do you have to enter a pin number with Vonage 800 numbers? If so, then maybe the numbers are shared.
#8929 by levelbest
Sat May 02, 2009 4:44 pm
Pandora wrote:Do you have to enter a pin number with Vonage 800 numbers? If so, then maybe the numbers are shared.


Nope - it's a dedicated 800 number. We use it on our line for out of state customers.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest