Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#3118 by kbsimmon
Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:10 pm
I set up anonymous call block but what about Unknown or Unavailable Calls.
Still get them and when I try to block them, I am unable to. Seems you need to have a visable number before it can blocked. Example, I receive an unknown number, I picked it up and it was chief of police organization looking for donations. Any Suggestions how I can make them show a number so I can block them?
#3119 by murphy
Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 pm
If there is no caller ID, let it go to voice mail. If it's someone that really wants to talk to you they will leave a message and identify themselves. If it's someone wanting money, they will hang up without leaving a message.
#3125 by Bobby B
Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:10 pm
Hi kbsimmon,

ACB should block "Unknown" or "Unavailable" callers.

Are you using ooma with a landline that has caller-ID enabled? Right now ACB (and blacklisting, multi-Ring) does not work on landline phone numbers, however we should be introducing support for these features on landlines hopefully within a few weeks.

Thanks,
Bobby

kbsimmon wrote:I set up anonymous call block but what about Unknown or Unavailable Calls.
Still get them and when I try to block them, I am unable to. Seems you need to have a visable number before it can blocked. Example, I receive an unknown number, I picked it up and it was chief of police organization looking for donations. Any Suggestions how I can make them show a number so I can block them?