Bluetooth Setup Guide
With the Ooma Bluetooth USB adapter, you'll have convenient access to bluetooth-enabled mobile phones and headsets directly from your Ooma Telo. You can pair up to 7 bluetooth devices. Learn more about using bluetooth devices with the Ooma Telo below.
Table of Contents
For a list of compatible devices, please click here.
Unpack the Bluetooth adapter and plug it into the USB port on the back of the Ooma Telo. After the adapter is plugged in, it should blink blue.
- Put the Telo into pairing mode Dial *#*#501 from a phone connected to your Ooma Telo system. You'll hear three beeps on your phone. This puts the Ooma Telo in bluetooth discovery mode.
- Add the Telo as a bluetooth device To pair your phone to the Ooma Telo, access the bluetooth manager on your mobile phone to add a "Headset" or "Hands free" type of device. After your mobile phone discovers the Telo, enter the PIN number "0000" to complete the pairing process.
- Access the Ooma Telo Bluetooth Setup page If you currently don't have a computer or router connected to the HOME NETWORK port, connect one now. Browse to http://setup.ooma.com. After the page has loaded, you'll need to browse to the Bluetooth setup page.
- Set the Bluetooth headset in pairing mode Follow the manufacturer instructions for setting your bluetooth headset into pairing mode.
- Add a Device Click on "Add New Device" to pair a Bluetooth headset to the Ooma Telo. The Ooma Telo will automatically scan for bluetooth devices and provide a list of devices to choose from.
After clicking "Next", and enter your Bluetooth headset PIN code. For most headsets, the PIN code is "0000". Click "Yes" to add the headset.
IMPORTANT: If your Bluetooth headset shows up as "Not Connected" after pairing, try powering down your Bluetooth headset for 2 minutes. After turning it back on, repeat the Bluetooth headset pairing steps above.
Note: You can also use the bluetooth setup page if you wish to pair a mobile phone.
Answering your mobile phone calls on the Ooma Telo
If your cell phone receives a call and it is within bluetooth range of the Ooma Telo, your home phones and Ooma Telo handsets will ring. You'll be able to answer the call directly from a phone connected to the Ooma Telo.
Mobile phone Bluetooth transfer
If you make or receive a call on your mobile phone, you can transfer the call to your Ooma Telo via bluetooth. To do so, you'll first need to enable the "Allow Incoming Bluetooth Audio Transfer" option on the Bluetooth setup page (Refer to the Access the Ooma Telo Bluetooth Setup section above for page access instructions).
The user interface for changing the audio source depends on the mobile phone, but on the iPhone, there is a "audio source" button when you are on a call. On the Blackberry, press the Blackberry menu button and select "Transfer to [Telo name]". The audio will cut-out on your mobile phone and your home phones should ring distinctively like an intercom call. Answer on your home phone and you will be connected to the remote party.
Depending on the behavior of your mobile phone, this transfer may be automatic when your mobile phone enters the vicinity of the Ooma Telo (such as when you answer a call in your car and you walk in your home). You can always switch the audio back to your mobile phone if you did not want the call transferred. Note that if you hang up on a transferred call, the audio source goes back to your mobile phone. The call does not end until you hang up on your mobile phone.
Answering calls on your Bluetooth headset
When someone calls your Ooma phone number, your Bluetooth headset will ring and you'll be able to pick up the call on it.
Placing calls on your Bluetooth headset
To place an outbound call dial *15 before the phone number. If you have more than one Bluetooth headset paired, you can select different headsets by dialing *16, *17 or *18 (up to four headsets are supported). This works on any phone or Telo Handset connected to the Ooma Telo.
Headset Bluetooth transfer
If you are on an active call on the handset and want to transfer it to a Bluetooth headset, press the button and select the Bluetooth headset you want to transfer the call to. Your headset should ring and when you answer the call on your headset, you will be connected to the remote party.
Intercom calling to a headset
You can place an intercom call to the headset by selecting the Bluetooth headset device name when you press the intercom button on the Telo handset. You can also place a call by dialing *05 (or *06, *07 or *08 if you have more than one Bluetooth headset) on a regular phone.